Thorn SDS is part of the incumbent System Operations Engineering team based onsite at EUMETSAT providing services focussed on real time end-to-end mission operations and the systems required to support them, including communications networks, operational infrastructure, operation security training and interfacing with Flight Operations. The services support the routine operational phases of EUMETSAT MSG and EPS systems, Copernicus systems as well as to support the preparation of future missions including MTG.
We are bidding to retain these services and part of our solution enables us to showcase 1 or 2 high quality new candidates that we will propose join our team, on or around June 2022, to address the expanding client requirements. Whilst we are aware that it is impractical to completely commit to such a timescale, we are seeking candidates that are applying in the full knowledge that this is the likely time scale and can therefore plan accordingly.
The role is based at our client’s facility ESA-ESOC, Darmstadt and is a fabulous opportunity for an individual with excellent communication skills in English, to work on a number of hugely interesting programmes.
The scope of the role is wide ranging and may include elements of routine operations services, operations preparations services and operations training.
The tasks and responsibilities can be broken down as below:
• System and ground segment operations
• Communications and networks operations
• System monitoring and reporting
• Operations security, infrastructure, and training
• Multi-mission tools (mass storage and archiving)
• Implementation, verification, and validation (V&V)
of systems (and their evolutions)
• Systems operations preparation and V&V
for new satellite systems
• Anomaly investigation
• Preparation and maintenance of operations documentation
• Training of operational personnel for systems operations
• Definition and development of operational concepts
• System V&V activities for future satellite systems